Everyday science with extraordinary fun!
Roper Mountain exists because of a unique partnership of public ownership, corporate sponsorship, private support, and volunteers. During the school year, 400-600 students visit Roper Mountain every day for high quality “learning labs.”
Public programs at the Center are Friday “Starry Nights” programs and the Second Saturday public day. In the summer we also offer Summer Adventures in the Hooper Planetarium and Symmes Auditorium on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
To be a pinnacle of innovative learning, an engine for community engagement, and a national leader in science education
To ignite the natural curiosity of all learners to explore and shape their world
- Science is for everyone.
- Science is exploring, investigating, and innovating.
- The exploration of our past, present, and future strengthens insight and provides new perspectives.
- We are stewards of natural, cultural, and historical resources.
- Positive learning experiences promote the development of an informed society.
- Hands-on experiences with real world connections make learning challenging and fun.
- All students deserve opportunities to actively participate in our programs.
- An engaged community of partners and volunteers fosters innovative learning experiences.
- Education, business, and community collaborations make us stronger and more effective.
- Continuous improvement is vital to our success.