Roper Mountain, a special facility of Greenville County Schools, exists because of a unique partnership of public ownership, corporate sponsorship, private support, and volunteers. During the school year 500-600 students visit Roper Mountain every day for high quality “learning labs.”
Public programs at the Center are Friday “Starry Nights” programs and Second Saturday. In the summer we also offer the popular Butterfly Adventure, more than 100 summer exploration camps and Summer Adventures and Laser Shows in the Hooper Planetarium.
To be a pinnacle of innovative learning, an engine for community engagement, and a national leader in science education
To ignite the natural curiosity of all learners to explore and shape their world
- Science is for everyone.
- Science is exploring, investigating, and innovating.
- The exploration of our past, present, and future strengthens insight and provides new perspectives.
- We are stewards of natural, cultural, and historical resources.
- Positive learning experiences promote the development of an informed society.
- Hands-on experiences with real world connections make learning challenging and fun.
- All students deserve opportunities to actively participate in our programs.
- An engaged community of partners and volunteers fosters innovative learning experiences.
- Education, business, and community collaborations make us stronger and more effective.
- Continuous improvement is vital to our success.