Roper Mountain, a special facility of Greenville County Schools, exists because of a unique partnership of public ownership, corporate sponsorship, private support, and volunteers. During the school year 500-600 students visit Roper Mountain every day for high quality “learning labs.”
: Public programs at Roper Mountain include Friday Starry Nights, Summer Adventure, Laser Days Of Summer, Holiday Laser Shows, and more than 100 week-long camps in our Summer Exploration Camp series.
To be a pinnacle of innovative learning, an engine for community engagement, and a national leader in science education
To ignite the natural curiosity of all learners to explore and shape their world
- Science is for everyone.
- Science is exploring, investigating, and innovating.
- The exploration of our past, present, and future strengthens insight and provides new perspectives.
- We are stewards of natural, cultural, and historical resources.
- Positive learning experiences promote the development of an informed society.
- Hands-on experiences with real world connections make learning challenging and fun.
- All students deserve opportunities to actively participate in our programs.
- An engaged community of partners and volunteers fosters innovative learning experiences.
- Education, business, and community collaborations make us stronger and more effective.
- Continuous improvement is vital to our success.